Before you start cooking there are a few things you must do:
- change into comfortable clothes
- put on your slippers
- turn on your favorite iTunes mix
Ok! Now you are ready to cook!
Everyone loves pizza and it really isn't very hard to make at all!
Here's what you need:
- 1 package of yeast
- 1.5 cups of warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3.5 cups of flour
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- cheese, sauce, your choice of pizza toppings
- Combine warm water, sugar, and yeast and let stand until yeast is dissolved (5-7 minutes)
- Combine flour, olive oil, salt, pepper in a food processor or large bowl.
- Add water/yeast and mix on low for 2 minutes or knead by hand for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a bowl lightly coated with olive oil, cover with plastic, and place in a warm place so the dough can rise for an 1-1.5 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 475.
- Once the dough has doubled in size it is ready to make into a pizza!
- Punch the dough and divide in half. (I save one half for another night but you could make two pizzas)
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough in a ball and then use a rolling pin to flatten dough and transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Add sauce, cheese, and your favorite toppings.
|I also added sliced black olives.|
|I cooked up some pancetta.|
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
I LOVE this pizza! It doesn't look fancy but it sure does taste great. I hope you try it for yourself.
Now playing... Florance and the Machine
"The Dog Days Are Over"