Saturday, July 9, 2011

Fireworks, friends, family, and food....A perfect 4th of July Weekend!

Last weekend I spent with family and friends.  The 4th of July has always marked the beginning of summer for me.  The air is hot, the BBQ's are fired up, and most of my time is spent outdoors enjoying the warm summer weather.  When I was younger, I would spend a few weeks of the summer at Lake Tahoe but now I spend the majority of my summer teaching summer school and so my weekends are the only time I get to spend in summer mode.

I spent Saturday with my boyfriend, Mike, running errands.  We found ourselves on the other side of the bay and stopped by to say hello to the Grinde's who were in party preparation mode!  After an afternoon out and about we returned home and cooled off just watching movies. 

Sunday Mike and I made the trek back to the other side of the bay to spend the afternoon BBQing with lots of friends.  It was blazing hot so we all retreated to the "man-cave" for some Wii playing and beer drinking.  It is always so nice for all of us to get together and hang out.  Everyone has busy schedules these days so it can be hard to find the time.

Mike & me

Tina & the Coach

Mikey & Ryland

Missy & Bella

After a lovely day with friends in San Mateo we came home and relaxed.  On the 4th of July I went to my sisters and had a great time!  There was a bike parade....



Followed by lots and lots of fireworks....








All and all a very successful holiday weekend.  I always enjoy spending time with those I love.  I hope that the beginning of your summer was just as fabulous as mine.

Now playing It's a Great Day to be Alive by Travis Tritt




3 comments:

  1. Loved hanging out with you!!! And liking "the Coach". Hee hee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Coach as well. I'm glad I thought of it first. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love ur song on this blog post. HOLLER

    ReplyDelete