Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Every room that I went in was filled with PUMPKIN PIE!!!!

On Thanksgiving my sister made the MOST INCREDIBLE pumpkin pie I have ever tasted.  I've always liked pumpkin pie and felt like I was searching for a pumpkin pie with crust that didn't taste like cardboard.  WELL the search is O-V-E-R. 

I made this pie for (1) annual girls Christmas party and (2) Mike and it was a HUGE hit.  I thought I would share the recipe with you so you can impress your friends at your next holiday party.

ENJOY....and thank you KC for sharing this with all of us.

For the pie:

1 29 oz. can, pure pumpkin
1 5 oz. can evaporated milk
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4 tsp cinnamon

For the crust:

1 box Pillsbury yellow cake mix (with pudding in the mix)
2 sticks butter
2 cups chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350
Line two 9" pie pans with wax paper.
Mix together pumpkin, milk, sugar, eggs, salt and cinnamon.  Pour into pans and make even.
 
 

Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over both pies.  Put pecans through food processor to finely chop and evenly distribute over cake mix.  Melt one stick of butter at a time and pour on top of pecans.

 Bake for 1 hr., let cool and chill.  Place upside down and cut.  Add a dollop of whipped cream and drizzle warm caramel sauce.
 

 This pie is so easy to make and WILL be a huge hit at any holiday party.

Now playing...Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays by *NSYNC
(The cheesiest music pick I have posted yet!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment