Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday....

So according to Miss. V, "What I'm Loving Wednesday" is something many bloggers do and so in an effort to disguise myself as a seasoned blogger I am going to jump on the band wagon.

On this wonderful Wednesday I am absolutely loving Maroon 5!  I cannot stop listening to their "Hands All Over" album.  Maroon 5 and I have had a great relationship since we were first introduced by a good friend of mine about 8 years ago!  


If you knew me you'd know that I am obsessed with all things music.  I also LOVE knowing about bands/artists before anyone else.  I am always listening to music and have a hard time doing much of anything without have some sort of music in the background.  I really encourage you to download this album and all other Maroon 5 albums as well!

 Today I am also loving the The Man Behind The Curtain
by Brandon Hughes.
 
My signed copy <3
So the reason that I am passionate about this story is because I know the author!  How cool is that?  I feel like I am a little bit cooler because I know someone who wrote a book and had it published.  The back story here, is that I met Brandon years ago when he worked in the office at Piedmont Avenue School (where I work).  We became friends and he talked about how he was writing a book.  I remember thinking, wow that is a great idea but how many people actually get their work PUBLISHED?  Anyway, cut to four years later....During lunch at a district professional development there was a table set up with FREE BOOKS and the author was there to sign them.  Well, I never pass up an opportunity for free anythings....so I hopped in line only to see my old friend, whom I hadn't talked to in about four years, on the other side of the table signing HIS book.  I could have cried!!!   We spoke briefly and I went home and immediately read the book from cover to cover.  I suggest you read it as well.  It is relevant and meaningful.  I hope you love it too.


So that's what I am loving this Wednesday.

Peace, love, and sunsets.

 
             

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new blog, Ms. G! Let's see some pix of Ms. Lucy. xoxo

    ReplyDelete