So in this first post I will share 13 things I am thankful (one for each of the first 13 days of November) for so that I can catch up with everyone else!
1. I am thankful for my friends and family. I have a very solid support system and value all of their love and support. My friends are my family and my family are my friends. :-)
2. I am thankful that I love my job. Of course, there are days that I would rather stay in bed and days that I come home totally drained from a long day with my students. But, I can honestly say, I wouldn't pick any other career for myself. I love teaching, I am a good teacher, and I love that fact that my job is ever changing.
3. I am thankful for cozy blankets. I am always cold and bundled up so a nice, warm, SOFT blanket is very important to me.
4. I am thankful for mascara. It totally sounds lame but mascara is a face changer for me. I like make-up but don't really take the time to put much on unless I am going somewhere special. However, mascara is always something I make sure to put on before I leave the house. I have very long eyelashes that are blonde so a thin coat of mascara opens up my eyes and shows off my eyelashes.
|Not my eyelashes but very long and pretty!|
5. I am thankful for music. Music can fit my mood and bring back memories. I listen to music whenever I can and have a very unique taste in music. I have everything from hip-hop and country to classic rock and show tunes. There is a song for every feeling! I have started playing more music for my students and find that it brings a different more positive energy to our classroom.
6. I am thankful for college football. I love spending Saturday cheering on my favorite teams and watching the players and coaches do what they love most. There is a difference between college and professional football. There is a love that the kids playing in college have for the game that is somehow overshadowed by fortune and fame in the NFL. Don't get me wrong I love watching NFL football as well but it is very different than college.
7. I am thankful potatoes. I love potatoes...baked, fried, mashed...you name it, I like it.
8. I am thankful for Sex and the City - the movies and the TV series. As I have gotten older I have been able to identify with Miranda, Carrie, Charlotte, and Samantha. Through the seasons, these ladies married and started families but remained best friends. I see a similarity with my girlfriends. I enjoy the fact that regardless of what happens in their lives, their friendships remain strong and important. There is nothing like spending time with my girls.
9. I am thankful for artwork. As I look around my condo I see beautiful photographs and paintings and think about how plain and boring it would be without them.
10. I am thankful for DVR. I am not always home to watch some of my favorite shows and it is nice to know what my DVR will record when I am not there. When I had TiVo I called it Phillip...I have yet to name my DVR - I am thinking that David would be a good choice. That way I can say, "Oh I don't have to worry, David will record that show for me." haha
11. I am thankful I enjoy cooking. Cooking makes my life easier and helps me relax at the end of the day.
12. I am thankful to live close to Lake Tahoe. LT is one of my favorite places and it is only 3 hours away. I just wish I could visit more often.
13. I am thankful for French Poodle salad dressing. This salad dressing is only available in Carmel and is VERY tasty. I look forward to finding new foods that I can dress with French Poodle. If you haven't tried it before and you are visiting Carmel I suggest you pick up a bottle or 6!
Almost halfway through the month and SO many things I am thankful for.
Now Playing...Take a back road by Rodney Atkins