Saturday, November 26, 2011

Giving thanks



Thursday was a fabulous day to give thanks and spend time with those I love most. 

I went out to my parents house early to hangout and around 4:00 our family and friends filled the house.  Mike came for a while but had to go to Antioch to spend time with his family and pick up his relatives... He was only there for a little while but it was nice that he could meet more of my family and hang out for a bit.  Many family members were there, though due to traveling and time we missed a few relatives.  Nonetheless we still ate, laughed, and watched football!

This year my brother-in-law fried a turkey and my mom cooked a turkey in the oven.  Though they were both very tasty, I have to give major props to AJ for a absolutely delicious bird.  Fried turkey is amazing.  Next year we will fry two turkeys!

Also, my sister made the most delicious pumpkin pie I have ever tasted.  I am going to make it soon so I will take pictures and post them with the recipe so you can make the pie for yourself...you'll LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!
I wrapped up my night by watching a movie and having a slumber party at my sister's house...it's tradition and it is always fun.  All and all I had a very happy thanksgiving.  I am very grateful for my loving and supportive family, boyfriend, and friends.  I just love this time of year. 


I hope you had a wonderful day and made sure give thanks to all the wonderful people and for the great things in your life.

Now playing... Love of my Life by Erykah Badu


No comments:

Post a Comment